Today, I’m got something a little different. While I’m still hard at work on the next Forbidden Desires novella (about a priest and a parishioner who fall for each other), I took a little side detour to write a project that’s been nagging at me for a while now.
Sex For Money: How to Write, Publish, and Sell Gay Erotica and M/M Erotic Romance is a handy manual of everything I’ve learned in my years of writing dirty stories. If you’re one of the many people that have heard there’s money to be made in writing erotica and erotic romance, but don’t know how to get started, this book is a basic primer to the publishing landscape for these genres.
So if you’re only interested in my dirty writing, but aren’t interested in writing some yourself, this book isn’t really for you — there’s no sexy content in it. But if you’re an erotica or erotic romance writer, either aspiring, newly published, or you’ve been around for a while and are looking for some perspective, then this book might be just the thing you’re looking for.
Now, time to get back to work and pump out that next dirty novella!
Cameron D. James is a multiple-bestselling author of gay erotica and M/M erotic romance, and in this all-in-one book, he shares his personal experiences and advice on how to write, publish, and sell your erotic fiction. While it can be difficult to make a living off of writing, the secrets in this book can help you grow your career and increase your sales month after month. Years of experience, research, trial-and-error, and experimenting have led Cameron to hone his approach to writing, publishing, and selling, and he shares everything with you in this book.
This handy manual explains:
- Key writing and editing advice to ensure the quality of your fiction rises above your competitors.
- What to look for in a contract if you choose to publish your fiction through a publishing house.
- The realities of the hard work behind self-publishing your fiction.
- How to give your book — including the cover and blurb — a spit and polish to make it draw readers in and close that sale.
- The truth about which online vendors are worth your time… and which ones are best ignored.
- The secrets of marketing an erotic book in a highly competitive genre.
- How to effectively use social media to network with readers and sell your books.
Don’t waste time and money trying to figure all of this out on your own when you can learn how to do things correctly on your first try. This book gives you what you want to know, all in one convenient place.
Would you rather buy this book in paperback and hold it in your hands? I’m in the midst of finalizing the paperback printing and should have it available in a week or two — I’ll announce it as soon as it’s available!